- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Molten Bitter Sweet Chocolate Pudding Recipe Video
|Bittersweet chocolate||4 Ounce, chopped|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||4 Tablespoon, divided|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint|
Calories 588 Calories from Fat 320
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.9%
Saturated Fat 21.7 g108.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 190.8 mg
Sodium 257 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 56.2 g
Protein 9 g17.4%
Vitamin A 20.1% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 18.3% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedFour 4oz ramekins
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place four ramekins on a baking sheet, and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine chocolate and butter. Place the bowl in microwave for 30 seconds. Remove the bowl from oven and stir well. Repeat the process until chocolate melts. You can also melt chocolate in double boiler.
4. Stir in 2 tablespoons of sugar, egg yolks, cinnamon, and vanilla.
5. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites with a mixer until foamy.
6. Add the remaining sugar and the salt, and beat until stiff peaks form.
7. With a spatula, fold 1/3 of the stiff egg whites into the chocolate mixture, to lighten it.
8. Add the remaining egg whites, 1/3 at a time, folding it gently and taking care not to deflate the egg whites.
9. Pour the mixture equally into the ramekins and pop it in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes.
10. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.