- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bistro-Style Roast Beef Recipe Video
|Beef roast||3 Pound (3 - 4 Lb, Ball-tip, Tri-tip)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (Drizzled as needed on the beef before searing)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 152 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.3%
Saturated Fat 0.97 g4.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9 mg3%
Sodium 336.7 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 7 g13.6%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 0.06% Iron 0.32%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using paper towel, dab any moisture off of the meat.
2. Drizzle both sides of the meat with olive oil, rubbing it in well.
3. Season meat generously with kosher salt and black pepper.
4. Preheat oven to 425 ̊ F.
5. Heat a large saute pan on the stove over medium-high heat.
6. Place meat in pan to let it sear. Don't move the meat for a minute or two.
7. Once the roast has nicely browned on one side, turn it over to the second side and let it sear for another 2 minutes.
8. Once the second side is done, turn off the heat and place the pan along with the seared meat in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
9. Using an instant-read thermometer, take the internal temperature of the meat. (130 degrees - medium rare cooked). Let sit in the pan for about 15 minutes. As the meat rests, the temperature of the meat will continue to rise a few degrees.
10. Place the meat on a carving board and slice.
11. Serve warm.