- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bistek - Beef Steak Filipino Version Recipe Video
|Beef steak meat||3 Pound, cut into strips|
|Lemon||2 , juiced|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon (or salt to taste) (Optional)|
|Oyster sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced into rings|
Calories 221 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68 mg
Sodium 1455.4 mg60.6%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 18 g36.3%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 15.8%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a wok/ large pan, put the beef. Pour the lemon juice, soy sauce and season it with black pepper.
2. Place the wok on medium heat, cover and let it cook for around 15 minutes. Turn off the heat.
3. In 2 separate bowls transfer the meat and the rendered liquid. Set aside.
4. To the same wok on medium high heat, add oil. Return the meat and sauté.
5. Add the fish sauce/ salt (if using) and sauté for a few minutes till all the meat is coated well. Pour the retained rendered liquid (step 3) into the wok. Add the oyster sauce and mix well again.
6. Put the sliced onion on the top, cover with a lid and continue to cook on medium low heat for another 5- 10 minutes or till the onions are cooked to desired consistency.
7. In a serving plate, serve the bisket hot with steamed rice.