- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Make Strawberry Shortcake (Recipe with Biscuits) Recipe Video
|For garlic cheese biscuits|
|Bisquick mix||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Original Bisquick®)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|For the strawberry shortcake|
|Strawberries||1 Quart, sliced|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the batter|
|Bisquick mix||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3929 Calories from Fat 1664
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 188 g288.8%
Saturated Fat 96.9 g484.4%
Trans Fat 17.2 g
Cholesterol 429.5 mg
Sodium 5314.9 mg221.5%
Total Carbohydrates 488 g162.7%
Dietary Fiber 30.5 g121.9%
Sugars 173.7 g
Protein 68 g136.2%
Vitamin A 59.7% Vitamin C 927.4%
Calcium 151.7% Iron 88.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl mix melted butter and garlic powder. Set aside.
3. In a bowl add bisquick mix, milk and cheese. Mix them well to form soft dough.
4. On a ungreased baking sheet, put spoonful of dough spaced well.
5. Bake for around 10 minutes or till it turns golden brown. Remove from the oven. Let it sit for a few minutes till warm and brush the butter-garlic mixture over each biscuit.
6. In a serving plate, serve the biscuit as side dish to any meat of choice.
For Classic Strawberry Shortcake
1. Preheat the oven to 42 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, add strawberries and ¼ cup sugar. Mix well. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, add bisquick mix, milk, sugar and melted butter. Mix well to forms a batter.
4. On a baking sheet, put spoonfuls of the batter spaced well. Bake for around 12 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely. Slice the biscuits into half.
6. In a serving plate, place one ½ of the biscuit. Top it with sugar marinated strawberries and whipped cream. Place the other half on top and complete it with more strawberries and whipped cream.