- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Biscuits Supreme Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1962 Calories from Fat 970
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 110 g169%
Saturated Fat 28.8 g144%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 15.1 mg
Sodium 2618.2 mg109.1%
Total Carbohydrates 215 g71.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.2%
Sugars 18.6 g
Protein 31 g61.4%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 168.2% Iron 78.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven hot to 450Â°c.
2) In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cream of tartar, and sugar.
3) Cut in shortening and work until it resembles like coarse crumbs.
4) Create a well at the center and add milk immediately.
5) With a fork, stir the mixture until dough fork around bowl.
6) Place into a lightly floured surface.
7) Knead the dough gently 10 to 12 strokes and keep it soft.
8) Roll or pat dough 1/2 inch thick.
9) Dip biscuit cutter in flour and cut dough straight down.
10) Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 10 to 12 minutes.
11) Serve hot.