- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Biscuits And Gravy Recipe Video
|For biscuit batter|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), cold|
|Frozen butter/Organic shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Extra sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Italian sausage||3 , sliced (mild)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
|Cayenne peper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Low sodium bouillon cubes||7 Gram (1 cube)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Fresh thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Rosemary||1 Teaspoon, chop|
|Baby dill||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 850 Calories from Fat 498
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.4%
Saturated Fat 25.2 g126%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129.3 mg
Sodium 1478.7 mg61.6%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g11%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 24 g47%
Vitamin A 39.2% Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 59.7% Iron 30.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For biscuits, preheat oven to 400 degree F.
2. For biscuits, in a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, sugar, and garlic powder. Mix well using fork.
3. Throw grated butter and mix to combine.
4. Drop cheddar cheese and mix.
5. Pour milk, little at a time mixing continuously to form crumbled dough.
6. Knead using hand until dough becomes ball without crumbles.
7. On floured surface, place dough and roll it into 1-inch thick circle.
8. With cookie cutter, cut dough and give it shape. On parchment lined baking tray place biscuits.
9. Pop it in oven, and bake for 12-15 minutes or until biscuits are puffed and edges are golden brown.
10. For gravy, place a skillet on medium high heat, and add sausage in it. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes or until caramelized.
11. Drop chopped garlic, onion, dill, thyme, and rosemary. Mix, cook for 5 minutes, and let it caramelize as well.
12. Add salt, pepper, cayenne, and flour. Mix until flour is well incorporated with oil.
13. Add milk and bouillon cube in skillet. Stir, and cook until the mixture thickens.
14. Cut biscuits into half, and cover it with gravy.
15. Sprinkle chopped dill on top and serve hot.
If your gravy is too thick then add little more milk to get a saucy consistency.