- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Biscuit Pocket Subs Recipe
|Canned refrigerated flaky biscuits||20 Ounce (Hungry Jack, 2 cans, 10-oz.each)|
|Cotto salami slices||3 3⁄4 Ounce, cut into quarters (5 nos.,3/4-oz. each)|
|Cooked ham||3 3⁄4 Ounce, sliced and cut into quarters (5 nos.,3/4-oz. each)|
|Cooked turkey breast||3 3⁄4 Ounce, sliced and cut into quarters (5 nos.,3/4-oz. each)|
|Swiss cheese slices/American cheese /a combination of both||3 3⁄4 Ounce, cut into quarters|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced, separated into rings|
|Poppy seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon (if desired)|
Calories 527 Calories from Fat 232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.7%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.5 mg
Sodium 1524 mg63.5%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 24 g49%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 21.1% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Using a rolling pin, flatten the biscuits into 4 inch rounds.
3) On each biscuit place 2 pieces of each type of meat and 2 pieces of cheese and top with onion rings.
4) Place with remaining biscuits, pinch the edges to seal tightly.
5) Pierce the tops of the biscuit with fork and dredge with poppy spread.
6) In a non-stick cookie sheets place the biscuits carefully.
7) Bake in the oven for 14 minutes or until golden browned.
8) Allow to rest for 4 to 5 minutes.
9) Cut each biscuits into halves and serve on the bed of mixed