- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Biscotten Torte Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Superfine sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground almonds||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Almond extract||3 Drop (Few Drops)|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Rum||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Plain sweet oblong cookies||12 Ounce|
|Whipping cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), whipped|
|Toasted slivered almonds||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1369 Calories from Fat 699
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g120.5%
Saturated Fat 45.1 g225.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 371.4 mg
Sodium 428.7 mg17.9%
Total Carbohydrates 141 g46.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 95.7 g
Protein 15 g29.2%
Vitamin A 24% Vitamin C
Calcium 21.3% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Whisk the butter or margarine and sugar till light and fluffy.
2) Beat in the egg yolks into the creamed mixture after separating the eggs.
3) Stir in the ground almonds, almond essence and half the milk.
4) Whip the egg whites till they stay upright and add them into the almond mixture.
5) Continue by adding the rum and the left over milk to this.
6) Place the cookies in two rows lengthwise — three cookies in a row placing a sheet of greaseproof (waxed) paper between them.
7) Apply milk and rum mixture on them.
8) Layer with one-third of the almond filling.
9) Repeat the same procedure and complete with a row of cookies.
10) Cover tightly in aluminium foil and allow refrigerating overnight.
11) Cover the torte with whipped cream and decorate with almonds before serving.