- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bing-Cherry Salad Recipe
|Bing cherries||1 Can (10 oz) (Pitted)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cherry flavored gelatin||3 Ounce|
|Cream sherry||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, chilled|
|Crisp greens||4 Ounce|
Calories 249 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.8%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.7 mg3.9%
Sodium 118.3 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.4%
Sugars 16.8 g
Protein 4 g7.9%
Vitamin A 21.3% Vitamin C 11.2%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Drain cherries into a bowl and reserve liquid.
2. In a medium bowl, pour boiling water over gelatin, stir until gelatine dissolves.
3. Add in sherry or 3/4 cup liquid from cherries and refrigerate until consistency of unbeaten egg white for about 1 hour.
4. Add drained cherries and nuts.
5. Cube cream cheese, and add to gelatine mixture and mix well.
6. Into an 8-inch square pan turn the mixtures and refrigerate until firm.
7. Unmold the mixture onto a plate with crisp greens.
8. Serve chilled as a dessert salad.