- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bing Cherry Conserve Recipe
|Bing cherries||1 3⁄4 Pound, halved and pitted|
|Pineapple slice||2 , diced|
|Apricots||12 , cut fine|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced and peel, grated|
|Orange||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Sugar||To Taste (equivalent to the weight of combined fruits)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1391 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 0.3 g1.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 26.3 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 335 g111.8%
Dietary Fiber 82.8 g331.4%
Sugars 250.3 g
Protein 35 g70%
Vitamin A 252.8% Vitamin C 531.7%
Calcium 48.9% Iron 161.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large kettle, put together all fruits and juices; bring mixture to a boil and cook until cherries are tender.
2. Stir in sugar; boil for another 10 minutes.
3. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
4. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
5. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
6. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
7. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
8. Serve Bing Cherry Conserve with bread or toast.