- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bhindi sagle Recipe
|Okra||3 Cup (48 tbs), cut into 1"long pieces|
|Coconut oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves||10 , finely chopped|
|Tamarind paste||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red chillies||7 , fry in 2-3 drops of oil|
Calories 641 Calories from Fat 491
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g88.9%
Saturated Fat 49.8 g249.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 233.1 mg9.7%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 16.5 g66.2%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A 24.7% Vitamin C 173.5%
Calcium 23.2% Iron 26.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Grind coconut, dry red chillies, tamarind paste and salt coarsely.
3. Now add the fried coriander seeds and grind again to a smooth paste. (Try to grind without adding water. If you want you can add very little water).
4. Heat remaining oil in a wok.
5. Add mustard seeds.
6. When they splutter add chopped curry leaves. Now add the okra and stir fry on a medium heat for 10-15 minutes.(Till the okra is 90% cooked)
7. Now add the ground masala and mix it well. Cook it on a low flame for another 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
8. Serve hot as a side dish with rice.