- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bhindi Sabji - Bhinda Nu Shak - Okra Curry Recipe Video
|Okra||1 1⁄2 Pound, chopped (Lady finger)|
|Papad khar||1 Pinch (Optional)|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon (Use according to your taste)|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon (Use according to your taste)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Coriander and cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 126 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 214.8 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.3%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 4 g7%
Vitamin A 17.7% Vitamin C 60%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a pan with a couple of tablespoons of oil. Add asafoetida and the cut okra pieces. Stir well.
2. Add salt to taste and a pinch of papad khar. Stir well to combine, cover and cook for a few minutes.
3. After a few minutes, uncover, stir once again and add the green chili paste and garlic paste.
4. Stir well to mix all the ingredients, keeping the temperature on a medium heat. Cook uncovered.
5. Add the turmeric powder, coriander and cumin powder. Give it a stir and let it cook for a few more minutes before turning off the heat.
6. Serve the bhindi/okra sabji with roti, rice and Gujarati kadhi.