- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bhagat Muthia Recipe Video
|Chana dal||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for the muthia)|
|Besan||3 Tablespoon (for the muthia)|
|Turmeric powder||2 Pinch (for the muthia and gravy)|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon (for the muthia)|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon (for the muthia)|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon (for the muthia)|
|Oil||3 Cup (48 tbs) (for frying the muthias and for the gravy)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped (½ cup for muthia and ½ for the gravy)|
|Coriander leaves||3 Tablespoon, finely chopped (for the gravy)|
|Salt||4 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon (for the gravy)|
|Tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped (for the gravy)|
|Potato||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped (for the gravy)|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon (for the gravy)|
|Coriander and cumin powder||1 Teaspoon (for the gravy)|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon (for the gravy)|
Calories 1792 Calories from Fat 1539
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 174 g268%
Saturated Fat 22.6 g112.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5918.1 mg246.6%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 15.2 g61%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 16 g31%
Vitamin A 31.3% Vitamin C 39.6%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 25%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the gram for 2 -3 hours or overnight.
2. Reserve the soaked water, add the dal in a blender and puree adding just a little water.
3. Remove the puree to a bowl and mix besan, turmeric powder, cumin powder, ginger paste, green chili paste, oil, onion, salt to taste and coriander leaves.
4. Heat oil in a pan and fry muthias until golden brown in color.
5. In a heavy bottomed pan heat 2 tbsp oil and add cumin seeds, turmeric powder and onion and let the onion cook.
6. Add ginger paste, salt to taste, tomato and potato.
7. Add water and let it cook with cover until potatoes are tender.
8. Add red chili powder, coriander and cumin powder and garam masala,
9. Add the muthias and cook adding water as much needed with cover for about 8 -10 minutes.
10. Once done remove on to a serving dish, garnish with finely chopped dhania and serve with rotis, puris or rice.