- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Vermicelli and Spicy Prawns Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (light tasting)|
|Ground white pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|For spicy prawn|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||To Taste (1/2-1teaspoon)|
|Red cayenne pepper sauce||To Taste|
|Prawn||6 Large, deveind, with tail and shell left on|
Calories 1456 Calories from Fat 785
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 86 g132%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 422.6 mg17.6%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.7%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 78 g156.8%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 0.39%
Calcium 0.2% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag, add olive oil, garlic salt, and red pepper sauce. Shake and mix well.
2. Drop prawns in plastic and press to coat evenly. Seal the bag and let it marinate overnight.
3. Follow package directions and cook vermicelli.
4. Meanwhile, place a skillet over medium heat, and drop marinated prawns in it. Also add leftover marinade, if any.
5. Turn the heat down to low, and cook prawns until the bottom part turns opaque.
6. Flip, and cook on the other side until opaque and slightly pink. Line a tray with paper towel and place prawns on it. Cover it with aluminium foil while you prepare vermicelli.
7. In a bowl, drain and put vermicelli. Add olive oil, and ground white pepper. Mix well.
8. Taste and season with salt, if desired.
9. Arrange prawn and vermicelli on a serving platter, and serve immediately.