- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Sweet and Hot Mixed Nuts Recipe Video
|Unsalted dry roasted peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|English walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brazil nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cashew||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Light brown sugar||2 Tablespoon, firmly packed|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (cayenne)|
|Cooking oil spray||1⁄2 Teaspoon (as needed)|
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 214
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg5.4%
Sodium 31 mg1.3%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g13%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 7 g13.3%
Vitamin A 20.5% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a 8-inch by 12-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine Brazil nuts, walnuts, cashews, and peanuts.
4. Pour melted butter in bowl, and mix to coat the nuts well.
5. In a separate bowl, add light brown sugar, chili powder, cinnamon, and ground red pepper. Mix well.
6. Drop the sugar mixture into the bowl with nuts. Toss to coat.
7. On the baking pan lay nuts in a single layer.
8. Pop the pan in the middle rack of oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven, and allow it to cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
9. Serve sweet and hot mixed nuts as a snack with your favorite beverage.
You can increase or decrease the amount of spices to taste. Sprinkle salt on nuts, if desired.