- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Semi-Homemade Refried Beans Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince (or toasted garlic)|
|Pinto beans||15 Ounce, undrained (1 can)|
Calories 849 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.3%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 220.2 mg9.2%
Total Carbohydrates 135 g44.9%
Dietary Fiber 33.1 g132.2%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 46 g91.7%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 24.9%
Calcium 24.9% Iron 60.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a large pan over medium flame and heat olive oil in it.
2. Drop garlic in hot oil. Stir constantly and cook until soft.
3. Add pinto beans and give it a good stir. Turn the heat to low.
4. With potato masher or back of a spoon, mash beans to desired consistency.
5. Taste and season beans with salt.
6. Serve semi-homemade refried beans hot.