- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's peach pie (Lattice Top) Recipe Video
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cold and diced (or vegetable shortening)|
|Ice water||4 Tablespoon|
|For peach filling|
|Peaches||4 Cup (64 tbs), peeled and sliced|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 428 Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.7%
Saturated Fat 11 g55.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.7 mg15.2%
Sodium 46.3 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.9%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.2%
Sugars 25.4 g
Protein 6 g11.9%
Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C 11.3%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
2. For making pie crust – Combine flour and salt and toss in butter cubes. Finish rubbing in butter with your fingers - forming "flakes".
3. Add the water and toss with a fork to blend. Turn out onto a sheet of wax paper and bring dough together.
4. Form into a disc, wrap in the wax paper and refrigerate for an hour.
5. Divide dough more or less in half and use the larger portion to form the bottom crust. Roll out between two sheets of wax paper, remove the paper and turn into pie pan.
6. Roll out second portion of dough and cut into strips with a pastry cutter or knife. Return to refrigerator.
7. For making peach filling – In a small bowl combine the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and flour.
8. Add to the peaches and toss with a spatula to combine.
9. Pour peaches into the prepared crust, dot with butter cut into small pieces, top with the pastry strips to form a lattice top, crimp sides and bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
10. Lower heat to 350° and continue baking for 30 minutes.
11. Take out from the oven and allow to cool.
12. Serve Peach pie with vanilla ice cream.
If you choose to make the pastry in a food processor, simply pulse the butter with the flour and salt until you see small lumps - about 6 10-second pulses - then add the water and pulse just until dough starts to come together.
If the crust is too soft, place back in the refrigerator or freezer for a few minutes.