- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Nutty Chocolate Dipped Pretzels Recipe Video
|Pecan||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), coarsely chopped (or any kind of nut you like)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), firmly packed|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooking oil spray||1 Teaspoon (as needed)|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||8 Ounce|
|Pretzel sticks||64 Small|
Calories 519 Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.3%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.1 mg1.4%
Sodium 985.7 mg41.1%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g24.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 13.8 g
Protein 7 g14.2%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 0.39%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 15.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small mixing bowl combine pecan, brown sugar, heavy cream. Mix well.
2. Grease a 9-inch cake pan, and transfer pecan mixture into it. Spread it evenly at the bottom.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
4. Place the cake pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Stir once after 10 minutes, and pat it back down.
5. Remove from oven and let it cool on wire rack for about 10 minutes.
6. On cutting board, turn the baked pecan mixture, and break it into chunks.
7. Using a knife, cut each chunks into small pieces.
8. In a small bowl take semisweet chocolate chips. Pop it in microwave on high for 1 minute, stir every 15 seconds until chocolate melts.
9. With a spoon coat two-third of pretzel stick with melted chocolate. Immediately roll them in pecan pieces.
10. Line a tray with waxed paper, and place pecan rolled pretzel sticks on it. Repeat for the remaining sticks. Let it cool and set.
11. Serve nutty chocolate dipped pretzels with hot tea.
You can place pretzel sticks in refrigerator to reduce the setting time.