- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Home Made Pizza Recipe Video
|For the dough|
|Yeast||1 Teaspoon (not fast-rising)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), warm and divided (between 100 and 110ºF)|
|All-purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs), divided (unbleached)|
|Kosher salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
|For margherita topping|
|Tomatoes||2 , sliced and drained|
|Mozarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
Calories 559 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.5%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.6 mg7.9%
Sodium 1139.9 mg47.5%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g33%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 20 g40.8%
Vitamin A 22.2% Vitamin C 15.3%
Calcium 18.9% Iron 35.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2. In a mug take ½ cup warm water add in the yeast and mix well.
3. Add in the ½ cup flour and let it rest for 30 minutes.
4. In a large mixing bowl take 3 cups flour, yeast flour and 1 cup warm water. Mix for 10 minutes and make dough with the mixer.
5. Add the salt, and continue to knead the dough with the dough hook until it looks smooth and the machine struggles a little.
6. Take out the dough from the mixing bowl over the counter top, sprinkle flour and knead with hands for 5 minutes.
7. Lightly oil a medium sized bowl, place the dough in the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight.
8. Remove from the refrigerator. Allow to rise until doubled - this will take up to two hours, depending on the temperature of your kitchen.
9. To form the pizza – flatten a ball of dough into a thick disk. On a lightly floured surface, rotating the disk, flatten the center of the pizza with fingertips.
10. Spread the formed pizza dough onto a paddle lightly dusted with cornmeal.
11. Top the pizza base with tomato, mozzarella and basil leaves. Bake for 10 minutes.
12. Serve Margherita Pizza with marinara sauce and enjoy!
For making potato and onion pizza – top the pizza base with potato, onion and rosemary. You can add in cheese and marinara sauce according to your preference.