- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe Video
|Potato||6 Large, peeled, cubed (medium to large)|
|Roasted garlic||6 Clove (30 gm) (or 6 fresh garlic cloves)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (3/4-1)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 stick)|
|Milk||1 Liter (or as needed)|
Calories 488 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.8%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53 mg
Sodium 409.4 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.3%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 12 g23.1%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 98.2%
Calcium 22.8% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot, put cubed potatoes.
2. Add roasted garlic, salt, butter, and milk in it.
3. Cover the pot with lid, and place it on medium heat. Bring it to a boil.
4. Reduce the flame, and let it simmer for about 17-20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
5. Into a colander, drain potatoes, reserving seasoned milk for later use.
6. Return cooked potatoes, and garlic cloves back into the pan.
7. Taste and season with salt.
8. Add butter, and a portion of reserved milk. Mash until smooth.
9. Add more reserved milk and salt, if desired to get desired consistency.
10. Transfer it to a serving bowl, and serve mashed potato with cilantro garnish.
Pour milk to the level of potatoes.