- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Fish & Chips Non Traditional Recipe Video
|For wedged potatoes|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ritz crackers||50 Gram|
|Olive oil spray||2 Dash|
Calories 874 Calories from Fat 419
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72%
Saturated Fat 13.5 g67.6%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 290.9 mg97%
Sodium 1258.4 mg52.4%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 50 g99.5%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 14.1%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 16.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375° convection, or 400° conventional oven.
2. Peel and cut potatoes into French fries.
3. For fish – keep Ritz crackers in a plastic bag and crush by using rolling pin.
4. In a casserole break the egg and beat well.
5. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with olive oil spray.
6. Place potatoes in a non-stick baking pan and drizzle olive oil. Toss to coat and spread out in a single layer.
7. Place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, prepare the fish. Spread Ritz crackers on a piece of waxed paper.
9. Dip the fish in the egg and then in the cracker crumbs to coat on both sides. Place on prepared baking sheet and spray olive oil spray on top.
10. When potatoes have started to brown, place fish in oven and cook for 5 minutes.
11. Serve Fish Chips with French fry and coleslaw.
If you are using a thicker fish such as cod or halibut, increase cooking time to about 10 minutes or until it appears done when flaked.