- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Chocolate Tarts Christmas Cookies Series Recipe Video
|Butter||4 Ounce (at room temprature)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 Ounce, melted and slightly cooled|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extarct||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||1 (at room temprature)|
|Red food coloring||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For fudge filling|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 526 Calories from Fat 218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.6%
Saturated Fat 13.5 g67.7%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 58.4 mg
Sodium 90.4 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 51.8 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 3% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. Place the tart tins over a baking sheet and grease with the vegetable shortenings using pastry brush.
2. In a mixing bowl take butter and whisk with stand mixture.
3. Add in the sugar in small portions and keep mixing with the mixer. When all the sugar is added then mix on medium – high speed.
4. Stir in salt, vanilla, egg, food color and chocolate. Mix for 5 minutes with the mixer.
5. Gradually add in the flour in little portions at a time, and keep mixing with the mixer.
6. Scrape down the paddles and mixing bowl over a wax paper. Gather the dough at centre with the help of wax paper. Make a disk.
7. Wrap the disk and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
8. Take out the dough from the fridge and make small balls. Place that in prepared tart tin and press with thumbs and give shape of that mould.
9. Bake in oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
10. Take out the tart and place on cooling rack.
11. After 5 minutes using a sharp knife take out the tart and place over the baking sheet.
12. For Fudge Filling – place all the ingredients in a heavy bottom saucepan and keep whisking for 4 minutes. When mixture starts boiling take the pan off the heat.
13. Using a hand mixer beat the melted chocolate mixture to remove the air for 5 minutes.
14. In a squeezing bottle fill in the chocolate fudge and fill the tart with the mixture. Let it sit for 60 minutes.
15. Serve Chocolate Tarts with hot chocolate and enjoy!
If you over mix the flour then it will develop gluten which will make cookies tougher.