- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Cherry Cranberry Gelatin Salad Recipe Video
|Cherry jell-o||3 Ounce (1 small box)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fruit cocktail||15 Ounce, drained|
|Whole berry cranberry sauce||14 Ounce|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 272 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.8%
Saturated Fat 0.88 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 35.3 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.8%
Sugars 30 g
Protein 2 g3.1%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small saucepan boil water, and add cherry Jell-o mix in it. Stir to dissolve.
2. Pour a cup of cold water into the pan.
3. Into a serving bowl, pour the mixture. Cover it with plastic wrap, and pop it in refrigerator for 1 ½-2 hours or until Jell-o gets the consistency of an unbeaten egg white.
4. Remove the bowl from refrigerator. Add fruit cocktail, cranberry sauce, and chopped pecans in it. Stir well, so that there are no lumps in the Jell-o mixture.
5. Cover the bowl again with plastic wrap and put it back into the refrigerator for 4 hours or until firm.
6. Serve cherry cranberry gelatin salad chilled with fresh mint garnish.
You can put the mixture into individual bowls before placing into the refrigerator for chilling.
Use sugar free or Jell-o with sugar.
You can use fruit cocktail either lite or regular variety or even substitute it with about 1 cup chopped fresh mixed fruit.