- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's 4th of July Cheesy Herb Bread Recipe Video
|French bread loaf||1⁄2 Pound (1/2)|
|Fresh chives||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Fresh rosemary||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Fresh thyme||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely shredded|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely shredded|
Calories 726 Calories from Fat 341
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g57.9%
Saturated Fat 14.3 g71.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.1 mg18.4%
Sodium 1056.6 mg44%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.6%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 32 g63.9%
Vitamin A 45.3% Vitamin C 60%
Calcium 72% Iron 46.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut bread loaf into wedges from the center as shown in the video.
2. In a bowl, combine chives, rosemary, thyme, and olive oil.
3. Open each bread slits that separate the wedges and stuff generous amount of herb mixture into it.
4. Top the slits with generous pinch of cheddar and Parmesan cheese. Ensure that all the filling is inside the slit and not on top of bread.
5. On a nonstick baking pan place the bread.
6. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
7. Place the pan in oven and bake for 5 minutes.
8. Serve cheesy herb bread with soup.