- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty Cass' Brown Sugar Cookies Recipe
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5189 Calories from Fat 2595
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 299 g459.9%
Saturated Fat 94.9 g474.3%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 664.9 mg
Sodium 557 mg23.2%
Total Carbohydrates 612 g204.1%
Dietary Fiber 19.1 g76.6%
Sugars 407.9 g
Protein 51 g102.4%
Vitamin A 67.4% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 57.8% Iron 96.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a cookie sheet with butter.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F
3. Into a large basin, sift together, the flour and baking powder using a fine mesh sieve. Keep aside.
4. In a mixing bowl of an electric beater combine butter and shortening and sugar. Beat until soft and light.
5. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat until well blended.
6. Stir in the dry ingredients to make a thick smooth batter.
7. Stir in the nuts and vanilla
8. Using a dessert spoon, drop the batter onto the greased cookie sheet, leaving 1-2 inch space between each
9. Pess half a pecan into each cookie
10. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden.
11. Remove tray from the oven and let stand for a while then slide onto a wire rack too cool
12. Serve cookies with tea or coffee or enjoy them with warm milk.