- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Best Spanish Turron Mousse Recipe Video
|Turron||150 Gram, chopped to chunks|
|Egg yolks||2 Medium|
|Egg whites||4 Medium|
|Double cream||4 Tablespoon|
|Amaretto||2 Tablespoon (Almond liquor)|
|Caramelized almonds||1 Teaspoon (FOR GARNISHING)|
Calories 406 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.6%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 123.4 mg
Sodium 93.9 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 50.7 g
Protein 8 g16.5%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 0.63%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the Turron into manageable chunks.
2. Separate the egg into yolk and white.
3. Soak the raisins in Amaretto for a few hours.
4. Beat the egg white till it forms stiff peaks.
4. In a blender add Turron, double cream, egg yolks and the amaretto-raisin juice. Do not use the raisins here. Blend it for 30 seconds or till it forms a smooth paste.
5. Pour the Turron mixture into the egg whites. Fold in the egg whites gently into the mixture till incorporated.
6. Pour this into a jug.
7. Take a serving glass. Put a spoonful of amaretto soaked raisins. Pour the Turron-egg white mixture over it to fill half of the glass. Put it in the fridge for a few hours to chill.
8. Serve the Turron mousse garnished with caramelized almonds.