- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
BEST Red Velvet Cake Recipe - I'm in LOVE! Recipe Video
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Food color||2 Ounce (red food coloring is required)|
|Vinegar||1 Teaspoon (White distilled vinegar is preferred)|
|Strong, hot black coffee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 394 Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.4%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31 mg10.3%
Sodium 319.9 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 33.6 g
Protein 4 g8.7%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.2% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Generously grease two round cake pans with Crisco and dust with flour.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine the sugar and vegetable oil.
5. Mix in the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and red food coloring until combined.
6. Stir in the coffee and white vinegar.
7. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients a little at a time, mixing after each addition, just until combined.
8. Pour the batter evenly into each prepared pan.
9. Bake in the middle rack for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake as cake will continue to cook as it cools.
10. Let cool on a cooling rack until the pans are warm to the touch.
11. Slide a knife or offset spatula around the inside of the pans to loosen the cake from the pan.
12. Remove the cakes from the pan and let them cool.
13. Frost the cake with cream cheese frosting when the cakes have cooled completely. Slice and serve.