- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Grape Leaves Recipe Video
|Grape leaves in brine||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Ground beef/Lamb||1 Pound|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), rinsed|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Black pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flap steak||1 Pound (4 strips)|
Calories 534 Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.9%
Saturated Fat 10 g49.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.1 mg21.4%
Sodium 1084.1 mg45.2%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.33 g1.3%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 31 g61.5%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 32.6%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse off grape leaves and then place in a boiling pot of water for 30-40 minutes then drain, rinse with cold water and let cool.
2. Line large pot with flap meat. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl mix together rise, ground meat, butter, salt and black pepper. Fold the sides and wrap the leaves.
4. Line rolls in the pot with flap meat and repeat layers until pot it filled 3/4 of the way.
5. Cover grapes leaves with a dish to keep them from moving and weight it down.
6. Pour water or beef broth to the edge of where the leaves end and add 1 tsp salt.
7. Cover pot with lid and cook on medium heat for 40 minutes.
8. Add lemon juice and cook for another 40 minutes on medium/low heat. Let stand for 15-20 minutes.
9. In a serving plate, serve the wraps with pita bread and yogurt.