- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Best Makloubeh Recipe Video
|Eggplant||1 Large, sliced|
|Cauliflower||1 Large, cut into florets|
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Ground beef/Lamb||1 Pound, browned|
|Basmati rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Makloubeh spice||3 Tablespoon (Dedes)|
|Black pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pine nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced, toasted|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
Calories 481 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.5%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40 mg13.3%
Sodium 564.5 mg23.5%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36.1%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 18 g36.8%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 99.4%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Fry the sliced eggplant and cauliflower in vegetable oil for 5 minutes or bake it in the oven for 15 minutes.
2. Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes and drain.
3. In a large pot, layer the ingredients starting first with the eggplant, then beef, rice, cauliflower, some salt and 1 tablespoon of Dede's Makloubi spice, repeat until all ingredients are used up.
4. Very slowly pour in water to the rim of the layered ingredients, cover and cook on low heat for 45 minutes. Do not let ingredients boil or they will fall out of order.
5. After cooking for 45 minutes let rice set for 20 minutes before flipping over.
6. Run a spatula around the edge of the rice then place plate upside down over pot and then quickly flip pot over, slowly remove pot.
7. Garnish the rice with the toasted nuts and chopped parsley.
8. In a serving plate, serve the rice with yogurt or salad.