- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
J's Bibimbap Recipe Video
|Lean ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Pinch|
|Salt & pepper||1 Teaspoon (To season)|
|Spinach||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Steamed)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, julienned|
|Cucumber||2 Medium, julienned|
|Maitake mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (For frying)|
|Bean sprouts||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Garlic||3 (Garlic bulbs roasted. 1 bulb used for the base, 2 bulbs used for the cilantro sauce)|
|Egg||1 Medium, poached (per serving)|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Furikake||1 Teaspoon (To garnish)|
|For the base|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|For the sauce|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chinese vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Roasted sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|For the cilantro sauce|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Lime||3 Medium, juiced|
|Canola oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste (To season)|
Calories 628 Calories from Fat 394
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.5%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 79.6 mg
Sodium 1233.2 mg51.4%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g21%
Sugars 17 g
Protein 19 g37.1%
Vitamin A 169.8% Vitamin C 42.9%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 21.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take whole garlic heads, drizzle them with some olive oil and roast them in a 350 F oven for 40 minutes.
2. Meanwhile take a pan, and add the lean ground beef and brown them. Season with some sugar, sake, soy sauce and sesame oil. Also add garlic powder and salt and pepper. Brown the beef and set it aside.
3. In a pan heated with some oil, and add the Maitake mushrooms. Toss them a little bit and then add all the ingredients for the sauce base and mix. Cook until it reduces to form a thick sauce.
4. Take a pan and add the bean sprouts and saute it for about 30 to 45 seconds. Add a dash of sesame oil (if you like the flavor). In the same way saute the carrots too for about 30 seconds to get the natural sweetness out.
5. Take a bowl add the Gochujang, soy sauce, vinegar, roasted sesame seeds, sesame oil and squeeze one of the bulbs of roasted garlic and honey. Mix well or blend completely. The Gochujang sauce is ready.
6. For the cilantro sauce, blend together fresh cilantro, 2 bulbs of the roasted garlic, juice from 3 limes and canola oil. Blend well till it is completely incorporated and season with salt and pepper.
7. Take a bowl with the cooked rice, lay the sauteed bean sprouts on the edge of the bowl, and follow it with the cucumber on one side and the carrots on the other side. Put the Maitake mushrooms next to the carrots and then the spinach. Then put the ground beef in the middle.
8. Put in some of the cilantro emulsion sauce in a couple of spots on top followed by the Gochujang red pepper sauce put right on top of the beef.
9. Place the poached egg right on top and garnish it with some furikake. After that the poached egg can be cut to let the yellow flow out.
10. Serve warm.