- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Best Key Lime Pie: Part 1 Recipe Video
|For the graham crust|
|Graham cracker||5 Ounce, ground|
|Cashews/Blanched almonds||5 1⁄2 Ounce, raw, finely ground|
|White sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||5 Tablespoon, melted|
|For the filling|
|Sweetened condensed milk||14 Ounce (1 can)|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Persian lime)|
|Lime||3 Medium, grated for zest (Persian lime)|
|Egg yolks||4 Medium|
|For whipped cream|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 564 Calories from Fat 306
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.3%
Saturated Fat 17 g84.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.7 mg
Sodium 189 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 38.1 g
Protein 11 g21.2%
Vitamin A 18.5% Vitamin C 12.1%
Calcium 19.6% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F (176 C) degree.
2. In a large bowl, mix the graham crackers and cashew powder.
3. Add the melted butter and mix until well incorporated. The texture should feel like wet sand.
4. Spread the Graham mixture into 9 inch baking pan.
5. Flatten the Graham mixture into the pan in an even layer. Do not forget to side of the pan to create an elevation of the pie.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the crust from the oven and let it cool down before using it. Set aside.
7. Reheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C).
8. FILLING: In a large bowl place the egg yolks and condensed milk.
9. Using an egg beater beat the yolks and the milk, on high speed, for around 8 minutes until you get a really thick whitish mixture.
10. Add the zest of 3 Persian limes. Mix using a spatula. Pour the lime juice, little by little, and mix in the mixture using a spatula.
11. Put the lime filling within the Graham crust. Smooth the surface with a spatula.
12. Bake for around 10 minutes. The filling is done, when small bubbles begin to appear.
13. Remove from the oven and let the pie cool down for around 30 minutes on the counter, then place in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.
14. WHIPPED CREAM: In a bowl, beat 1 cup of heavy cream, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar. Beat until you get stiff peaks - but do not overbeat otherwise the cream would curdle. Set aside.
15. Pipe the whipped cream on top of the Key Lime Pie. Let sit in the fridge for another 30 minutes.
16. In a serving plate, slice the pie and serve cold.