- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Saudi Arabian Kabsa Recipe Video
|Long grain brown rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Uncle Ben)|
|Ripe tomato||1 1⁄2 Medium, chopped|
|White raisin||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), soaked in water|
|Almond||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Pistachio||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cardamom||1 Tablespoon, ground|
|Seven spices||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken breast||2 Medium|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Bay leaves||2 Medium|
|Cinnamon stick||2 Medium|
Calories 790 Calories from Fat 345
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.7%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.5 mg
Sodium 1078.2 mg44.9%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36.1%
Sugars 20.3 g
Protein 26 g52.5%
Vitamin A 14.6% Vitamin C 19.7%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 24.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot place chicken, water, onion, bay leaves, cinnamon stick and salt and let cook covered on low heat for about 1 1/2 hour.
2. In a large bowl rinse rice and pour off excess water, mix in salt, cardamom, 7 spices, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper and nutmeg.
3. In another large pot add 2 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter, then add chopped onions and chopped tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
4. Next add rice, mix and then add 4 cups of chicken broth from the cooked chicken, stir and then add 3 tablespoon butter.
5. Let come to a boil and then turn down to low heat, cover and let cook for 45 minutes.
6. In a small pan, add 2 tablespoon butter and stir in nuts and raisins, let cook until all are evenly brown, set aside for garnish.
7. In the mean time, pull apart cooked chicken and remove any bones.
8. After 45 minutes, fluff rice with a fork and let sit another 10 minutes.
9. Into a large serving dish pour out the rice, place pieces of chicken on top and then put the nut and raisin mixture on top of that. Serve with yogurt or salad.
If using the Dedemed Kabsa Spice, then replace it with cardamom, nutmeg, 7 spice, cinnamon, cloves and black pepper with 3 tablespoon Kabsa Spice.