- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rosalie Fiorino Harpole's Best Ever Scones Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Regular salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cubed (butter should be cold and hard)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried cranberries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for the almond glaze)|
|Whole milk||3 Tablespoon (Leveled) (for the almond glaze)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for the almond glaze)|
Calories 464 Calories from Fat 201
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.3%
Saturated Fat 14.3 g71.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.7 mg
Sodium 284.2 mg11.8%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 36.6 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 16.1% Vitamin C 0.3%
Calcium 17% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedBaking sheet
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly and mixture resembles small peas. Freeze 5 minutes.
3. Add 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. cream, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Add dried cranberries to the mixing bowl and mix all the ingredients well.
5. Turn dough on a board and gently press or pat dough into a 7-inch round (mixture will be crumbly). Cut round into 8 wedges. Place wedges 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush tops of wedges with remaining 2 Tbsp. cream just until moistened.
6. Bake at 450° F for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden, dry and risen.
7. Drizzle the almond glaze on top of each scone.
8. Serve with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
You can use variations of dried cranberries, pistachio nuts , apricot with crystallized ginger, dried cherries or chocolate.