- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Best Ever Pumpkin Pie Recipe Video
|Squash/Canned pumpkin||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Dark brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Coarse salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Heavy ceam||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 863 Calories from Fat 642
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g112.2%
Saturated Fat 44.1 g220.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 412.3 mg
Sodium 357.1 mg14.9%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 39.7 g
Protein 12 g23.4%
Vitamin A 61.1% Vitamin C 23.2%
Calcium 24.2% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree.
2. On oven proof pie bowl, lay pie crust, and keep it aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine squash or pumpkin, brown sugar, coarse salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground ginger. Mix it well.
4. Insert eggs and whisk to incorporate.
5. Then, pour milk, and heavy cream. Mix to combine.
6. Pour pumpkin mixture over pie crust in oven proof bowl. Place it in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
7. Then, reduce the temperature of oven to 325 degree, and bake for about an hour or until it is golden brown, and little soft in the middle.
8. Allow pie to cool on wire rack.
9. Serve pumpkin pie immediately with vanilla ice-cream.
Continue baking until the custard is set. Normally baking time for shallow pie is 35-40 minutes, whereas deep dish pie takes 60 minutes.