- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Best Ever Baked Beans Recipe
|Bacon fat||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Green peppers||3 , cut in chunks|
|Mushrooms||1 Pound, sliced|
|Canned pork and beans||32 Ounce (2 Large Cans)|
|Canned butter beans||32 Ounce, drained (2 Large Cans)|
|Bacon||1 Pound, cut in half slices|
|Catsup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
Calories 545 Calories from Fat 119
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.9%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.1 mg10%
Sodium 1403.7 mg58.5%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g29.9%
Dietary Fiber 15.2 g60.9%
Sugars 46.8 g
Protein 22 g44%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 91.7%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 250° F.
1) In a large deep pot, saute the onions, mushrooms and green peppers in the bacon fat, until they are just tender.
2) Stir in rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
3) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes.
4) Serve the Best Ever Baked Beans on toast for breakfast.