- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moms Buttermilk Biscuit Bites-Heaven Recipe Video
|Self-rising flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (white lilly)|
|Butter||5 Tablespoon, cold|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as required)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as required)|
|Baking spray||2 Dash|
|For brushing on biscuits|
|Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 684 Calories from Fat 219
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.4%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g77.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg
Sodium 1603.5 mg66.8%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.21 g0.84%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 11 g22.7%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C
Calcium 24.8% Iron 24.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl add flour and sugar. Whisk it until combined.
2. Grate cold butter directly into the flour mixture.
3. Use clean hands or a pastry cutter to cut in the butter until it is well incorporated and the mixture is fine, with small crumbs.
4. Slowly add in the buttermilk a little at a time, use just enough until flour is moistened. Stop stirring as soon as the flour is combined. Do not over stir.
5. Let the dough rest for 20 minutes.
6. Flour the work surface with all-purpose flour and transfer dough onto the floured surface.
7. Sprinkle the top of dough and clean hand with flour.
8. Gently pat the dough out into a rectangle shape.
9. Fold the rectangle in half, turn the dough clockwise and gently pat back out into a rectangle. Use only enough flour needed to keep the dough from sticking.
10. Repeat this process about 5 times. This will create layers in the dough (Do not pat firmly to loose layers).
11. Pat the dough back out into a rectangle one last time about 1/2 inch thick
12. Use a pizza cutter and make strips in the dough lengthwise and widthwise to create 2 inch squares.
13. Grease a baking sheet with baking spray and place biscuits about 1-2 inches apart on them,
14. Place it back in the refrigerator until cold for about 15 minutes.
15. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
16. Brush the biscuits with melted butter and bake for about 12 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Do not over bake.
17. Remove from the oven, brush with butter and let them sit for a 2 minutes.
18. In a serving plate, serve them hot with any main dish of choice or enjoy them as it is.