- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Best Brisket - Part 2 Recipe Video
|Onions||6 Large, slice|
|Garlic||12 Clove (60 gm)|
|Shallots||3 Medium, slice|
|Carrots||3 Large, chop|
|Low sodium beef stock||1 Quart|
|V8 juice||5 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Tomato ketchup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Season salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Pepper red||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 845 Calories from Fat 521
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g88.9%
Saturated Fat 22.8 g114.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 206.7 mg
Sodium 804.8 mg33.5%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 9.9 g
Protein 58 g116.3%
Vitamin A 68.2% Vitamin C 23.8%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 30.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 300 degree.
2. The brisket has been resting for one whole day; you can slice the brisket and keep it aside.
3. Take a foil roasting tray and take part of the cooked reserved vegetables spread it evenly, then place the sliced brisket over them and cover it with a foil, cook in preheated oven for 1 hour.
4. Meantime start on the gravy, take the reserved sauce and reduce the sauce in a hot skillet and with the remaining part of the reserved vegetables you can puree them and use them as a thicken agent for your gravy.
5. Pour the vegetable puree into the boiling reduced sauce and add the seasonings, let the gravy thicken.
6. Once done remove the brisket midway and pour the entire gravy over the brisket and let it cook in the oven for the remaining time.
7. Serve the brisket with a slice of crusty bread.