- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Best Boeuf Bourguignon Recipe Video
|To marinate the beef|
|Beef shin||1 Kilogram|
|Red wine||375 Milliliter (1/2 bottle used)|
|To saute the vegetables|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Carrot||1 Large, chopped|
|Celery stalks||2 Medium, chopped|
|Thyme sprigs||3 Medium|
|Bay leaves||2 Medium|
|Garlic bulb||1 Medium, cut in half|
|Red wine||375 Milliliter (Remaining 1/2 bottle used)|
|For browning the meat|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (As needed)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (As needed)|
|Rest of the ingredients for the stew|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Bacon/Pancetta||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into cubes (As required)|
|Plain flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock||237 Milliliter (1/2 pint OXO can be used)|
|To fry the mushrooms|
|Mushrooms||200 Gram, halved|
|Brandy||9⁄10 Milliliter (A splash)|
Calories 779 Calories from Fat 396
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.1%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g82.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 116 mg
Sodium 602.5 mg25.1%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 44 g88.6%
Vitamin A 57.6% Vitamin C 18.2%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 28.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. A hob and oven safe casserole dish
1. Trim the fat from the beef and cube into 1 1/2 inch chunks.
2. Put in a bowl and cover with half the wine.
3. Refrigerate to marinate for one hour.
4. In a casserole dish heat olive oil.
5. Add onion, carrot and celery, thyme, bay leaves and garlic. Saute and pour over the rest of the wine.
6. Bring to a boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
7. In a separate frying pan, heat some butter and olive oil.
8. Add the bacon and cook till golden.
9. Add the shallots and fry for another 5 minutes.
10. Add to the casserole dish.
11. Preheat oven to 150 C / 302 F.
12. Drain the beef from the wine marinade with a sieve, reserve the marinade. Place the beef on some kitchen paper or a towel and gently pat dry.
13. In a frying pan, brown the meat with a little oil and butter.
14. Add to the casserole dish and sprinkle with flour.
15. Add the leftover wine marinade.
16. Add the beef stock to cover the meat and vegetables.
17. Cover and cook in the preheated oven at 150 C / 302 F for 2 hours.
18. After 2 hours, fry the mushrooms in a little butter and olive oil.
19. When they are nearly done, add a splash of brandy then transfer to the dish.
20. Cook in the oven for another 1 hour.
21. Serve with parsley potatoes and wine.
The dish tastes even better if made the day before and left overnight in the fridge.