- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Best Berry Muffins Recipe
|Packed brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (1 Stick)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Blueberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh / Frozen)|
|Raspberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh / Frozen)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2488 Calories from Fat 923
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 105 g161.4%
Saturated Fat 62.9 g314.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 470.3 mg
Sodium 1923.6 mg80.2%
Total Carbohydrates 353 g117.7%
Dietary Fiber 14.1 g56.5%
Sugars 150.1 g
Protein 40 g80.2%
Vitamin A 65.9% Vitamin C 45.1%
Calcium 108.2% Iron 82.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. To make the topping, combine the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Mix in the butter with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
3. To make the muffins, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
4. Beat the butter and sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk, and vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Fold in the berries.
5. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Sprinkle each with the topping.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Cool for 10 minutes, remove from the pan, and cool briefly on wire racks. Serve warm or cooled.