- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Best Baked Beans Recipe
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Pork and beans||48 Ounce (3 Can, In Tomato Sauce)|
|Catsup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 947 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.8%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.5 mg
Sodium 4108.6 mg171.2%
Total Carbohydrates 184 g61.4%
Dietary Fiber 40.1 g160.6%
Sugars 41.2 g
Protein 40 g79.4%
Vitamin A 16.3% Vitamin C 139.8%
Calcium 39.7% Iron 68.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a 12-inch skillet, add bacon and fry till it becomes crispy.
2. Remove bacon from skillet and keep aside 2 tbsp drippings in skillet.
3. Add green pepper and onions to drippings and cook till tender.
4. Add catsup, beans, brown sugar, pepper and salt, cover and cook for about 30 minutes on medium heat.
5. Take a serving dish and transfer beans into it.
6. Top with crumbled bacon.
7. Serve hot.