- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Berta's Carrot Cake Caribbean Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Corn oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 Large, lightly beaten|
|Pure vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs), pureed, cooked|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Pineapple||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), drained, canned, crushed|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick, At Room Temperature)|
|Confectioners' sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
|Pineapple||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), drained, canned crushed , finely chopped|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded , toasted (For Garnishing)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8646 Calories from Fat 4178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 479 g736.7%
Saturated Fat 139.9 g699.4%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 1012.9 mg
Sodium 3833.6 mg159.7%
Total Carbohydrates 1042 g347.4%
Dietary Fiber 36.7 g146.8%
Sugars 793.7 g
Protein 81 g161.7%
Vitamin A 675.1% Vitamin C 169.1%
Calcium 65.3% Iron 127.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Brush two 9-inch round cake pans lightly with butter. Line the bottoms of the pans with round waxed paper and butter the paper.
3) In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, and cinnamon together.
4) Beat in the oil, eggs and vanilla, then fold in the carrots, walnuts, coconut and pineapple.
5) Pour the batter evenly in the two prepared pans, place on the middle rack of the oven and bake for about 1 hour.
6) Allow the layers to cool in the pans for 10 minutes, invert the pans onto a wire rack, remove the waxed paper and cool down.
7) In a mixing bowl, cream the cream cheese and butter together with an electric mixer.
8) Gradually sift in the confectioners' sugar, then stir in the vanilla, lemon juice and pineapple.
9) Place a cake layer on a serving plate and spread the icing. Cover another cake layer and spread the icing on top and sides. Pat the toasted coconut gently around the sides of the cake.
10) Slice and serve on individual serving plates.