- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Berry Poppy Seed Salad Recipe
|Poppy seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bibblettuce/Boston lettuce||4 Cup (64 tbs), torn|
|Strawberries/Strawberries and blueberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced and separated into rings|
|Salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 188 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.8%
Saturated Fat 0.62 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 12.3 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.2%
Sugars 15.3 g
Protein 2 g3.6%
Vitamin A 30% Vitamin C 92.7%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, whisk together salad oil, honey, vinegar, poppy seeds and mustard.
2) Whisk the honey mixture until well mixed.
3) In a large bowl, mix together lettuce, berries and onion.
4) Stir the dressing in the lettuce mixture.
5) Pile the salad in a deep salad bowl and serve cold.