- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Berry Ice Cream Recipe
|Powdered gelatin||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Canned strawberries/Canned raspberries / 1 pound fresh fruit, pureed||15 Ounce, pureed|
|Soft brown sugar||3 Ounce|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint|
|Finely rolled digestive biscuit||2 Ounce (Or Crumbs)|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint|
Calories 391 Calories from Fat 236
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.1%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.2 mg
Sodium 68.2 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 31.3 g
Protein 3 g6%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 40.6%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a small bowl and add water and gelatin to it. Place the bowl atop a pan of hot water, to enable the gelatin to dissolve.
2) Take a mixing bowl and combine fruit puree and lemon juice in it. Add sugar as per taste and blend well.
3) Now, pour the dissolved gelatin, together with cream and biscuits crumbs in the fruit puree mixture.
4) Take a container and fill 2/3 of it with the mixture and freeze until mushy.
5) Take out the container from the freezer and beat the mixture. Gently blend in whipped cream and freeze again.
6) Serve frozen or as desired.