- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make a Festive Christmas Cheesecake Recipe Video
|For the crust|
|Cookies||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), crushed (Graham, Gingersnaps, Amaretti)|
|Melted butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||210 Gram, divided (1 cup for cheesecake and 2 teaspoon for crust)|
|For the cheesecake|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Lemon zest||2 Medium, grated (meyer lemons)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|For the topping|
|Berry jelly||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Jelly||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 601 Calories from Fat 199
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.7%
Saturated Fat 12.3 g61.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 149.3 mg49.8%
Sodium 255.2 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.6%
Sugars 66.3 g
Protein 7 g14.6%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 22.7%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, place crushed cookies, butter, sugar and nutmeg, and mix well until the mixture resembles grainy texture.
3. In a spring form pan foiled from outside, put the cookie mixture and press in the bottom of the pan.
4. Bake the crust in the oven, for 10 minutes, remove and allow to cool.
5. In a bowl, place the cream cheese, lemon zest, and sift in sugar and flour in two batches beating well after each addition.
6. Break in 1 egg at a time and beat well after each addition.
7. Add in the vanilla extract and stir to mix.
8. In a spring form pan, pour the cream cheese batter over the crust and tap couple of times.
9. In a shallow baking pan, place the spring form pan and pour lukewarm water, to fill half way till the pan.
10. Bake the Cheesecake at 350 for 1 hour.
11. In a saucepan over low heat, place the jelly with little water and heat till it just starts to boil.
12. In a bowl place the berries and add in the jelly mixture and mix well.
13. Spread the berry mixture over the cheesecake and refrigerate until chill or overnight.
14. Remove the cheesecake from pan, cut in wedges and serve as desired.