- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Berry Custard Recipe
|Cornstarch||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Skim milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Egg substitute||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Raspberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 208 Calories from Fat 17
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.1%
Saturated Fat 0.41 g2.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 99.1 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 28.8 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 84.6%
Calcium 20% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 2-quart saucepan add cornstarch and 2-cup milk. Stir until smooth.
2) Stir in remaining milk and honey. Whisk until smooth.
3) Cook and stir over low heat until thick.
4) Take off from heat.
5) In a cup add the egg substitute.
6) Add several spoonfuls or the hot mixture to it.
7) Add the mixture into pan and whisk.
8) Cook and stir over low heat.
9) Add vanilla.
10) Spoon mixture into six custard cups.
11) Refrigerate until chilled thoroughly.
12) Top with strawberries and raspberries.