- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Berries Jubilee Recipe Video
|Rolled oats||1 Ounce (for cookies)|
|All purpose flour||3 Ounce (for cookies)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Ounce (for cookies + 6 Ounces for confit + 5 Ounce for cherry compote)|
|Cornmeal||2 Ounce (for cookies)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (for cookies)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Ounce, melted and cooled (for cookies)|
|Egg||1 Large (for cookies)|
|Lemon zest||1 Large (of 1 lemon for cookies + optional for cheesecake)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon (for cookies + 1 Teaspoon for confit)|
|Blueberries||1 Pint (about 10 5/8 oz for confit)|
|Water||8 Ounce (or confit + 4 Ounce for cheesecake)|
|Lemon peel and juice||2 Large (of 2 lemons for confit)|
|Cream cheese||12 Ounce, at room temperature (for cheesecake)|
|Confectioner’s sugar||4 Ounce (for cheesecake)|
|Dark rum||1 Ounce (for cheesecake)|
|Powdered gelatin||1 Ounce (for cheesecake)|
|Heavy cream||12 Ounce (for cheesecake)|
|Fresh cherries||10 Ounce, pitted and halved (for cherry compote)|
|Unsweetened cherry juice||5 Ounce (for cherry compote)|
|Cornstarch||3 Ounce (for cherry compote)|
|Kirshwasser/Vanilla extract||1 Ounce (for cherry compote)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5651 Calories from Fat 3043
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 346 g532.9%
Saturated Fat 204.8 g1023.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1295.6 mg431.9%
Sodium 3339.9 mg139.2%
Total Carbohydrates 547 g182.4%
Dietary Fiber 29 g116%
Sugars 292.8 g
Protein 84 g168%
Vitamin A 257% Vitamin C 224.5%
Calcium 74.4% Iron 70%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Lemon Cornmeal Cookies : Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a food processor, mix the oats for about 30 seconds until powdery. Add the flour, sugar, cornmeal, and salt to the oats and blend.
3) In a medium bowl, whisk the butter, egg, lemon peel, and vanilla extract together.
4) With the food processor on, add the butter mixture to the flour mixture and process until the dough just comes together.
5) Rinse the medium bowl, dry, and flour lightly. Transfer the dough to the prepared bowl and knead to blend. Divide the dough into 3 discs, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
6) Place a dough disk on a lightly floured surface and roll to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out star shapes and place them on a parchment paper lined double sheet pan.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 9 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
8) Blueberry Confit : In a pot, bring the lemon zest, juice, sugar, and water to a boil. Cook until it reaches 230 °F.
9) Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract.
10) While still hot add all the blueberries. They should pop and their color should bleed into the syrup.
11) Spoon 1 1/2 ounces of the confit into the serving glasses and chill in the refrigerator.
12) No Bake Cheesecake : In a small pot, whisk the gelatin and water together and allow to sit for 5 minutes to bloom the gelatin.
13) In a mixer, whip the heavy cream with a whip attachment to soft peaks. Place in a separate bowl and refrigerate.
14) Place the cream cheese in the electric mixer bowl and using the paddle attachment beat until lump free.
15) Place the lemon zest(if using) in the sugar and then add to the cream cheese and continue to cream until light, fluffy, and lump free.
16) Meanwhile, melt the bloom gelatin over low heat. Make sure the melted gelatin is lump free and fluid but do not bring to a bowl. Beat the melted gelatin and the rum into the cream cheese mixture until lump free. Then fold in whipped cream.
17) Pour 3 to 3 1/2 ounces of the filling on top of the chilled confit. Chill in the fridge for 3 to 4 hour or up to overnight if desired.
18) Cherry Compote : In a pot, combine about but 1 ounce of the cherry juice and the granulated sugar and bring to a simmer.
19) Add half the cherries, cover the pot, and all to simmer for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove the cover then bring to a boil.
20) Meanwhile whisk the remaining granulated sugar and the cornstarch, then whisk in the remaining cherry juice.
21) Add the cornstarch mixture to the boiling cherry mixture and bring to a gentle boil on medium to medium high heat. Cook for 1 to 3 minutes while whisking continuously.
22) Remove from heat and whisk in the Kirsh, then whisk in the remaining cherries.
23) Spoon 1 1/2 ounces on top of the cheesecake filling and serve immediately or allow to cool and then add compote.
24) Flambe with krish and serve the Berries Jubilee dessert cocktail with lemon cornmeal cookie.