- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bernice Kesslen's Sour Cream Pancakes Recipe
|Small curd cottage cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 303 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g41.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 192.2 mg
Sodium 531.4 mg22.1%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.63 g2.5%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 14 g28.6%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 0.43%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, beat cottage cheese with sour cream until well blended.
2. Further, add beaten eggs followed by dry ingredients. Beat the mixture until it becomes smooth.
3. It the batter feels very stiff, add 1-2 tablespoons of milk to soften it.
4. In a frying pan, melt 1 tablespoon butter and cook the batter over low heat.
5. Continue cooking until it turns golden brown on each side.
6. Add more butter, if needed.
3. Serve with applesauce.