- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bell Pepper Crusted Chicken with a Balsamic Reduction Recipe Video
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Parmesan cheese shavings||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For dusting)|
|Chicken breasts||2 Large|
|For the sauce|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
Calories 302 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.3%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161.5 mg
Sodium 1319 mg55%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.81 g3.2%
Sugars 19.5 g
Protein 27 g54%
Vitamin A 17.4% Vitamin C 65.6%
Calcium 23.6% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add and combine the red and green bell peppers with grated parmesan cheese.
2. In another bowl, beat the eggs and add salt. Mix well and set aside.
3. In the third bowl, add the flour and set aside.
4. In a sauce pan on medium, heat the oil and take the chicken breasts one by one and first dip it into the flour, then into egg mixture and finally into the bell pepper mixture.
5. Pan fry the chicken pieces for 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Once done, transfer them onto a serving plate.
6. For the sauce: In the same sauce pan, increase the temperature to medium high and add the balsamic vinegar and remove any bits from the pan. Stir in the garlic, salt and rosemary. Reduce the sauce for 6 -7 minutes until thick.
7. Serve the pan fried chicken pieces garnished with the balsamic vinegar sauce.