- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Belizean Stew Chicken with Rice Recipe Video
|Chicken||1 Pound, skin and bone on|
|Peanut oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Large, chop|
|Green bell peppers||2 Large, chop|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, chop|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 340 Calories from Fat 194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.4%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.8 mg
Sodium 151.9 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 21 g41.3%
Vitamin A 20.1% Vitamin C 119.8%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Heat up the peanut oil in a pan.
3. Add the seasoned chicken into the pan and brown for a 15 minutes.
4. Flip the chicken to brown both sides evenly.
5. Add the onions and green bell peppers into the pan and mix well and cook.
6. Add the tomatoes, rd pepper flakes and beer.
7. Turn the heat down and keep on simmer with the lid on for 10 minutes.
8. Remove the lid and let the dish cook until the liquid has dried off.
9. Plate along with rice and serve hot.