- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Belgium Beef Balls Recipe
|Ground round/Chuck||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Soft bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Condensed beef broth||2 Can (20 oz)|
|All purpose flour||8 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Canned beer||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2567 Calories from Fat 1204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 134 g206.8%
Saturated Fat 46.4 g232.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 420 mg
Sodium 6269.2 mg261.2%
Total Carbohydrates 153 g51%
Dietary Fiber 10 g39.9%
Sugars 20.4 g
Protein 169 g337.2%
Vitamin A 27.8% Vitamin C 78.4%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 46.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Measure 6 tablespoons of the flour onto waxed paper; roll meat balls in flour to coat; tap off excess.
3. Saute meatballs in vegetable oil until lightly browned in a skillet; remove from pan and keep warm. Pour off all drippings; measure 2 tablespoonfuls and return to pan.
4. Stir in onion; saute until soft. Stir in remaining beef broth, beer, thyme, garlic salt and pepper; bring to boiling; simmer 5 minutes.
5. Blend remaining 2 tablespoons flour and water to a paste in a cup; stir into liquid in the skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until the gravy thickens and bubbles 3 minutes.
6. Place meatballs in gravy; cover. Simmer 10 minutes.
7. Spoon meatballs and gravy onto a heated, deep, serving platter; sprinkle with parsley.